Earn your MSN while continuing to work as a nursing professional and spending less money and less time than if you were pursuing your BSN first.
- Join a CCNE-accredited program that acts as a bridge from RN(ADN) to MSN status.
- Enjoy one seven-week course at a time, so no worrying about making a specific class between shifts or rotations.
- Learn about the National League for Nursing competencies you’ll need to master to successfully pass the new Certified Nursing Educator (CNE) Exam
- Develop lesson plans, teach courses and oversee students’ clinical practices
- Work with a dedicated Student Success Coach who will walk beside you every step of the way.
Careers & Outcomes
Nursing educators teach the next generation of RNs, BSNs and MSN students.
- With an online degree in nursing education, graduates can teach and practice.
- In addition, nurse educators and nursing professionals choose to specialize in a number of fields including gerontology, community health, obstetrics and medical/surgical fields, among others.
- Career settings for nurse educators include a number of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs in addition to hospitals or community health care settings.
- Nurse educators and clinical leaders with an MSN/Ed degree can earn as much as *$94,820 depending on the additional experience in the field.
- NUR 510 Moral & Ethical Decision Making (3 credits)
- NUR 620 Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse Educators (3 credits)
- NUR 625 Ed Theory/Curriculum Design (3 credits)
For a full course listing and descriptions, download a program guide.
The Nursing Department reserves the right to change curriculum requirements based on professional or accreditation recommendations.