MSN-MBA Dual Degree Online Program Overview
Learn how to oversee clinical operations, expand services and establish policies and procedures that ensure the best patient care possible.
Five MSN/MBA dual-degree program concentrations to choose from:
- Healthcare Administration: Address the complexities and trends in the health care industry by focusing on contemporary issues in health care administration, policy, economics, quality and strategy of health care management.
- Human Resource Development: Prepare to effectively lead a human resources department. Topics covered include organizational behaviors, enhancing group and team performance and promoting workplace learning and development.
- Management: Engage your competitive strategy skills in a computer-simulated business environment, as well as examine management and human resource development, management statistics and ethical leadership topics.
- Organizational Consulting: Understand, predict and influence individual and group behavior to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of medical organizations.
- Executive Leadership: Develop skills to think strategically and become an expert in planning corporate growth, strategic development & long-term development
MSN-MBA Dual Degree Careers & Outcomes
A popular career for those who hold this degree is Chief Nursing Officer. CNOs are responsible for ensuring that patient-care, clinical and staffing standards are met. Chief nursing officers with an MSN/MBA earn a median salary of over *$120,000.
Additionally, upon graduation, you will be qualified to teach both nursing and business. You will also graduate prepared to sit the AONE Certified Nurse Manager exam and/or the ANCC Nurse Executive Certification exam.
Online MSN-MBA Dual Degree Program Curriculum
- NUR 532 Organizational & Systems Leadership (3)
- NUR 683 Health Policy (3)
- MBA654 Strategic Planning & Management (4)
For a full course listing and descriptions, download a program guide.
The Nursing Department reserves the right to change curriculum requirements based on professional or accreditation recommendations.