RN to MSN-MBA Dual Degree Online Program Overview
Go from your ADN, to earning both your master’s in nursing (MSN) and master’s in business administration (MBA) with Spring Arbor University’s online CCNE-accredited RN-MSN/MBA dual-degree program.
- You complete the RN-MSN/MBA dual-degree program with the convenience of just one course at a time (excluding clinical & residency coursework).
- Enjoy a week off in between classes with our 7-1-7 model (7 week courses, 1 week break).
- Graduates will earn both baccalaureate and Master of Science in Nursing degrees in a shorter time frame than taking each separate program.
- You will learn fiscal and management theories, and how to oversee clinical operations, expand services and establish policies and procedures that ensure the best patient care possible.
Five RN-MSN/MBA dual-degree program concentrations
- Health Care Administration: Address the complexities and trends in the health care industry by focusing on contemporary issues in health care administration, policy, economics, quality and strategy of health care management.
- Human Resource Development: Prepare to effectively lead a human resources department. Topics covered include organizational behaviors, enhancing group and team performance and promoting workplace learning and development.
- Management: Engage your competitive strategy skills in a computer-simulated business environment, as well as examine management and human resource development, the use management statistics and ethical leadership topics.
- Organizational Consulting: Understand, predict and influence individual and group behavior to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of medical organizations.
- Executive Leadership: Discover how best to plan and develop strategies to motivate and manage your unique team.
RN to MSN-MBA Dual Degree Careers & Outcomes
As a student in this CCNE-accredited RN-MSN/MBA dual-degree program, you’ll learn the skills it takes to run complex health care institutions.
- Upon graduating, you’ll be prepared to oversee clinical operations, expand services and establish policies and procedures that ensure the best patient care possible.
- You’ll gain more insight, experience and leadership skills at a faster pace than if you were to individually pursue just your BSN first.
- Courses will prepare you to apply classroom theory to real-world scenarios.
- A popular career for those who hold this degree is Chief Nursing Officer, with high earning potential- the median salary for CNOs is over *$124,000 per year, and are eligible for additional incentives and bonus pay.
- Graduate prepared to sit the AONL Certified Nurse Manager exam and/or the ANCC Nurse Executive Certification exam.
- Additionally, upon graduation, you will be qualified to teach both nursing and business.
Online RN to MSN-MBA Dual Degree Program Curriculum
Featured courses include:
- NUR344 Clinical Prevention/Population Health
- MBA617 Leadership in Business
- MBA651 Management of Organizational Behavior
For a full course listing and descriptions, download a program brochure.
The Nursing Department reserves the right to change curriculum requirements based on professional or accreditation recommendations