- Online Programs
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Post-Master's Nursing Certificates
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Why SAU?
- Get Started
Prepare for a rewarding career as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP) through an online, faith-based program that aligns with your life and values.
SAU's uniquely designed, online nurse practitioner bridge programs are ideal for working nurses interested in advancing their credentials from ADN to MSN, or ASN to MSN.
Please note, we offer a BSN to MSN-AGPCNP degree program for registered nurses with a BSN degree.
Spring Arbor University's online RN to MSN Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program is CCNE-accredited and highly ranked for academic quality. This in-demand RN to MSN concentration will equip you with the primary care knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to care for adolescents, adults and the elderly.
As a student in the online RN to MSN Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program, you can:
- Save time and money as you earn your BSN and MSN degree without skipping a beat, so you can meet your career goals with an efficient, streamlined path.
- Continue working full-time as you earn your degree on your own schedule.
- Enjoy a week off in between classes with our 7-1-7 model (7-week courses, 1-week breaks).
- Receive dedicated support from a Student Success Coach who will guide you through the program, helping you find a work-school-life balance.
- Join a close community of motivated students and caring faculty.
- Graduate prepared to take the AGPCNP certification exam (AGPCNP-BC® or AGNP-C).
- Experience spiritual growth through a quality educational journey rooted in faith.
For more information about our online RN to MSN Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner program, request a program guide.
The master's degree program in nursing at Spring Arbor University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The online RN to MSN Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program will build your advanced nursing knowledge and clinical reasoning while empowering your spiritual development.
As a student in the program, you will:
- Build a Leadership Mindset: Reach a new level of professionalism and intellectual development as you evolve into a nursing leader. Learn how to design, arrange and evaluate primary care for health-compromised patients through case management and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Gain Advanced Nursing Competencies: Apply the knowledge, skills and competencies essential to meeting the biological, psychosocial, mental and spiritual needs of adult-gerontology patients.
- Understand Population-Specific Care: Gain the necessary knowledge to manage chronic disease and the complex primary care needs of adults and the elderly, considering epidemiology, socioeconomic background, age, cultural norms and level of disease risk.
- Grow A Spirit of Service: Address healthcare disparities by delivering compassionate care and advocating for underserved populations and their healthcare needs, as exemplified by the Christian worldview.
Contact us to discuss Spring Arbor University's online MSN Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program.
The U.S. could save over 7,000 lives annually and increase life expectancy by two months by alleviating primary care shortages in underserved counties.* By completing your RN to MSN Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner degree online, you will be prepared to expand critical access to primary care.
AGPCNPs can provide the full spectrum of primary care services, as primary care physicians do. They prescribe medication, perform examinations, diagnose illnesses and provide treatment for patients ranging from adolescents to seniors.
In some states, AGPCNPs can practice independently. AGPCNPs work in a variety of healthcare settings, including:
- Hospital inpatient and outpatient clinics
- Private group practices
- Community health centers
The median annual wage** of AGPCNPs is $112,000, which is 39 percent higher than RNs.***
*National Council for Mental Wellbeing
**American Association of Nurse Practitioners
***U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- NUR632: Health Promotion & Disease Prevention
- NUR642: Chronic Disease and Complex Problems in Older Adults
Download a program guide for a complete listing of courses.
As a student in the online RN to MSN Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program, you will see a return on your educational investment.
Spring Arbor University is recognized as a “Best Value” school by U.S. News & World Report. The online RN to MSN Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program provides academic quality with competitively priced tuition of $752 per credit hour.
You may also be eligible to receive financial aid. SAU will work with you to determine any benefits for which you qualify, including student aid, military discounts and tax benefits.