Grow as a Christ-Centered Psychiatric Mental Healthcare Provider
The online MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program will develop your advanced nursing knowledge and clinical reasoning while empowering your spiritual growth.
As a student in the program, you will:
- Build a Leadership Mindset: Reach a new level of professionalism and intellectual development as you evolve into a nursing leader. Learn how to collaboratively design, coordinate and evaluate patient-centered psychiatric-mental healthcare.
- Gain Advanced Nursing Competencies: Establish a foundation in theory and advanced clinical practice for assessing, diagnosing and intervening in dysfunctional coping patterns and psychiatric disorders of individuals across the lifespan.
- Understand Population-Specific Care: Develop skills in psychotherapeutic treatment modalities to serve patients with major psychiatric disorders, considering factors like epidemiology, age, socioeconomic background, cultural norms and level of disease risk.
- Grow A Spirit of Service: Address psychiatric-mental healthcare disparities by delivering compassionate care and advocating for underserved populations and their healthcare needs, as exemplified by the Christian worldview.
Contact us to discuss Spring Arbor University's online MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program.
Online MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program Curriculum
Over half of U.S. counties have no practicing psychiatrists.* You will prepare to expand critical access to psychiatric-mental healthcare through Spring Arbor University's online MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program.
Similar to psychiatrists, PMHNPs can prescribe medication, perform examinations, diagnose illnesses and provide treatment for patients with mental health disorders and substance abuse problems.
PMHNPs are becoming increasingly integral to medical teams as more hospitals and healthcare facilities utilize their expertise. In some states, PMHNPs can practice independently.
PMHNPs may work in:
- Mental health private practice
- Inpatient centers
- Public health organizations
- Schools and universities
- Correctional institutions
The median annual wage** of PMHNPs is $125,000, which is 50 percent higher than RNs.*** PMHNPs also tend to earn higher salaries than nurse practitioners certified in other specialties.
*National Council for Mental Wellbeing
**American Association of Nurse Practitioners
***U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Get Your Program Guide
Online MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program Tuition
- NUR712: Neurobiology and Psychopathology Across the Lifespan
- NUR714: Advanced Practice in Psychiatric-Mental Health I: Adults
- NUR715: Advanced Practice in Psychiatric-Mental Health II: Children/Adolescents/Young Adults
Download a program guide for a complete listing of courses.
Get Your Program Guide
As a student in the online MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program, you will see a return on your educational investment.
Spring Arbor University is recognized as a “Best Value” school by U.S. News & World Report. The online MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program provides academic quality with competitively priced tuition of $725 per credit hour.
You may also be eligible to receive financial aid. SAU will work with you to determine any benefits for which you qualify, including student aid, military discounts and tax benefits.