- Online Programs
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Post-Master's Nursing Certificates
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Why SAU?
- Get Started
Prepare for a fulfilling, autonomous career as a family nurse practitioner (FNP) through an online, faith-based program that aligns with your life and values.
Spring Arbor University's online Post-Master’s Certificate – Family Nurse Practitioner (PMC-FNP) program prepares you to treat patients of all ages through learning experiences that center on compassionate care across each stage of the lifespan.
SAU is recognized by Colleges of Distinction for its engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community and successful outcomes.
As a student in the online PMC-FNP program, you can:
- Continue working full-time as you earn your certificate on your own schedule.
- Enjoy a week off in between classes with our 7-1-7 model (7-week courses, 1-week breaks).
- Receive dedicated support from a Student Success Coach who will guide you through the program, helping you find a work-school-life balance.
- Join a close community of motivated students and caring faculty.
- Complete your certificate prepared to take the FNP-BC™ certification exam (FNP-C).
- Experience spiritual growth through a quality educational journey rooted in faith.
Two entry ways:
- NP to FNP - Designed for APRNs who want to deepen knowledge and clinical expertise to provide care for patients of all ages.
- NON NP to FNP - Designed for MSN degree holders who want to acquire the skills to treat patients of all ages.
For more information about our online PMC-FNP program, request a program guide.
Online FNP Post-Master’s Certificate Fast Facts
- 8 to 18 months (depending on prior NP certification)
- $752 per credit hour
- 250 to 625 clinical hours
Designed for Working Nurses
- Take one seven-week course at a time and enjoy a week off in between
- Begin your certificate at the right time for you — choose from six intake dates a year
- Flexible login times — complete your assignments on your own schedule
- Become prepared for certification through a quality educational experience
- Ranked on a national and regional level for its academic quality and value
A Caring Community
- Small class sizes and caring, connected faculty provide a personal learning experience
- Dedicated student success advisor to support you from enrollment to completion, as well as career development support
- Faith-based educational philosophy that considers Christian perspectives in nursing practice and values spiritual growth
- MSN degree from an accredited program
- Official graduate transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- 3.0 GPA calculated from the most recent 60 academic credits
- A current nursing license from your state of employment
- Online application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Short personal statement
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Health Promotion Across the Lifespan
- Some additional prerequisites may apply
Spring Arbor University is recognized as a “Best Value” school by U.S. News & World Report. The online PMC-FNP program provides academic quality with competitively priced tuition of $739 per credit hour.
You may also be eligible to receive financial aid. SAU will work with you to determine any benefits for which you qualify, including student aid, military discounts and tax benefits.
The post-graduate APRN certificate program at Spring Arbor University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.