- Online Nursing Programs
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Post-Master's Nursing Certificates
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Online Programs
- Human Services
- Social Work
- Why SAU?
- Get Started
Click here if you have an ADN/ASN.
Spring Arbor University's online BSN to Nurse Practitioner (NP) programs are CCNE accredited, equipping you with clinical expertise to prevent, assess, treat, and manage acute and chronic diseases.
As one of the top nurse practitioner programs in Michigan, students can choose from four in-demand tracks for advanced specialization to deliver quality care for various populations.
The master's degree program in nursing at Spring Arbor University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
Please note, we offer an RN to MSN-NP degree program for registered nurses with an ADN or ASN.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Degree: Learn how to diagnose and treat psychiatric-mental health conditions and serve patients across the lifespan, including individuals, groups, and families
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) Degree: Develop the clinical knowledge and skills to provide high-quality primary care for patients ranging from newborns to adolescents
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Degree: Broaden your scope of practice and earn a position of autonomous care with the clinical knowledge and skills needed to treat patients of all ages (0 & up)
- Adult-Gerontology, Primary Care, Nurse Practitioner (AGPC) Degree: Master primary care knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to provide the best care for adolescents, adults, and the elderly
Our online BSN to NP programs are uniquely designed, allowing you to:
- Take just one course at a time and earn your degree without disturbing your current shifts and rotation
- Enjoy a week off in between classes with our flexible 7-1-7 model (7-week courses, 1-week break)
- Be prepared during clinicals—Choose from a variety of settings, including Cardiac, Psychiatric, Orthopedic facilities, and more
- Join a caring community of students from different backgrounds who share common career goals as you learn from engaged faculty
- Grow professionally, personally, and spiritually through a curriculum rooted in an ethical, Christian perspective
- Enjoy ongoing support every step of your journey—from your online Admissions Representative helping you apply, to your Student Success Coach serving as your personal liaison
- Graduate ready to sit for national licensure exams (ANCC or AANP) and be a part of inspiring outcomes—our graduates have a strong, 88% first-time pass rate (with second-time test takers passing at 100%)
For more information about our online BSN to NP programs or other tracks, get your program guide
- NUR 510 Moral & Ethical Decision Making
- NUR 522 Theoretical Perspectives for Advanced Practice
- NUR 532 Role Development & Leadership
*Download a program guide for a full listing of courses.
Completing your degree from an online BSN to MSN-NP program will set you up for a rewarding career. NPs can prescribe medication, examine patients, diagnose illnesses, and provide treatment, similar to physicians.
NPs are increasingly becoming integral to medical teams as more and more hospitals and healthcare facilities utilize their expertise.
In some states, nurse practitioners can work independently. NPs may work in:
- Physician offices
- Outpatient care centers
- Surgical hospitals
- Home health care organizations
- Private practice
The median annual wage is $107,460* for Nurse Practitioners (60% higher than RNs).
Contact us to discuss Spring Arbor’s online NP programs.
Courses are 7 weeks in length, typically 3 credit hours.
Typically, our nursing classes have 20-25 students.
SAU’s online MSN-NP programs can be completed in as few as 24 months or up to 30 months (2.5 years), depending on your concentration.
- PMHNP: 28 months
- PNP: 28 months
- FNP: 30 months
- AGPC: 24 months