- A BSN degree from a regionally accredited institution and nursing program (CCNE or NLN).
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
- A 3.0 GPA calculated from the most recent 60 academic credits.
- An unrestricted, unencumbered RN license from the state or country in which the nurse practices (license must remain current throughout program).
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a nursing professional; one either character- or academic-related).
- A two to three page goal statement.
- A conference-call interview may be required at the discretion of the admissions committee.
Practicum or Clinical Experience
Prior to the start of any clinical practice, or as required by an institutional setting, there must be proof of compliance with all agency or institutional requirements. It is the responsibility of the graduate registered nursing student to maintain currency of records. Requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Current unrestricted, unencumbered RN license in the state or country of practice.
- Proof of professional nursing liability insurance coverage throughout the enrollment period (minimum $1 million/$3 million).
- Criminal background check at the federal or international level.*
- CPR/BCLS certification as required, proof of TB testing, any required immunizations or vaccinations, HIPPA training, and any additional requirements.
Please check with our admissions team on the next upcoming start by calling 1-844-621-0900 or filling out the request more info form to your right.
* The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JACAHO) institutes regulations in order for hospitals, home health agencies, clinics and so forth to gain or maintain accreditation status. One of these regulations requires that “all persons who are involved in patient care activities – i.e., employees, volunteers and students – must have criminal background checks as well as other health care related checks.” Criminal background checks must be initiated by the student and completed prior to beginning any clinically related practicums. See general graduate catalog policy.