- Online Programs
- RN to BSN
- RN to MSN
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Post-Master's Nursing Certificates
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Why SAU?
- Get Started
Spring Arbor University's online BSN to Nurse Practitioner (NP) programs are CCNE accredited, equipping you with clinical expertise to prevent, assess, treat, and manage acute and chronic diseases.
As one of the top nurse practitioner programs in Michigan, students can choose from four in-demand tracks for advanced specialization to deliver quality care for various populations.
Please note, we offer an RN to MSN-NP degree program for registered nurses with an ADN or ASN.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Degree: Learn how to diagnose and treat psychiatric-mental health conditions and serve patients across the lifespan, including individuals, groups, and families
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) Degree: Develop the clinical knowledge and skills to provide high-quality primary care for patients ranging from newborns to adolescents
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Degree: Broaden your scope of practice and earn a position of autonomous care with the clinical knowledge and skills needed to treat patients of all ages (0 & up)
- Adult-Gerontology, Primary Care, Nurse Practitioner (AGPC) Degree: Master primary care knowledge and clinical reasoning skills to provide the best care for adolescents, adults, and the elderly
Our online BSN to NP programs are uniquely designed, allowing you to:
- Take just one course at a time and earn your degree without disturbing your current shifts and rotation
- Enjoy a week off in between classes with our flexible 7-1-7 model (7-week courses, 1-week break)
- Be prepared during clinicals—Choose from a variety of settings, including Cardiac, Psychiatric, Orthopedic facilities, and more
- Join a caring community of students from different backgrounds who share common career goals as you learn from engaged faculty
- Grow professionally, personally, and spiritually through a curriculum rooted in an ethical, Christian perspective
- Enjoy ongoing support every step of your journey—from your online Admissions Representative helping you apply, to your Student Success Coach serving as your personal liaison
- Graduate ready to sit for national licensure exams (ANCC or AANP) and be a part of inspiring outcomes—our graduates have a strong, 88% first-time pass rate (with second-time test takers passing at 100%)
Provides a metacognitive foundational approach to advanced nursing practice in the contemporary world. Explores worldview presuppositions, with an emphasis on a Christian perspective and the development of a consistent, conscious framework for making ethical choices.
Promotes examination, analysis, and synthesis of a variety of conceptual frameworks, models, and theories that provide a foundation for research and applied practice in nursing. Explores philosophical ideation, beliefs, scope, and assumptions of select theories and models.
“It's a program that's actually doable for a full-time working mom ... There was A LOT of support from fellow students and faculty. I definitely used what I learned throughout the whole program. It made me more confident in my current role, and going into my new role as a provider.”
– Ashley DeCraene, MSN/NP
This course focuses on understanding the professional role of the advanced professional nurse. The processes associated with role development, socialization, and effective collaboration with diverse interdisciplinary partnerships will be examined. Practical leadership roles will be identified and interpreted in a nursing practice context.