May is National Military Appreciation Month – a month dedicated to recognizing those on active duty in all branches of service, the National Guard and Reserves, veterans, military families, as well as those Americans who have given their lives in defense of our freedoms.
Here's how to show your appreciation:
- Display the American flag at your home.
- Send a care package to a soldier via the USO.
- When you see a person in a military uniform, shake his or her hand and thank the person for his or her service.
- Hire a veteran.
- Attend an event in your community.
- Visit a VA hospital.
- Be a good neighbor. Offer to make dinner, drop off cookies or help a military family in your community.
How Spring Arbor University supports active military and veterans.
In addition to honoring the educational benefits and potential scholarships that come with serving your country, Spring Arbor University Online offers qualifying veterans and active military a 30% discount on tuition. For more information, call 1.844.621.0900.