Marketing management is a booming field as organizations realize the critical role marketing can play in building their business. A marketing manager performs many duties aimed at developing and implementing the long- and short-term marketing strategies for a company.
Marketing continues to be essential for organizations as they seek to maintain and expand their share of the market. Marketing managers typically perform the following:
- Create a brand that aligns with the organization’s mission
- Direct marketing employees in the implementation of the brand
- Plan and coordinate the marketing policies for an organization
- Interact with various departments including research and sales teams
- Identify potential customers and how to best reach them
- Analyze data to inform marketing activities and evaluate program effectiveness
An office environment where managers can interact with staff and oversee marketing responsibilities is most often the environment for marketing. Most marketing managers work full time during regular business hours, but marketing deadlines may demand working more than 40 hours a week.
With Spring Arbor University’s online MBA program, you can gain the necessary skills to advance to a marketing manager position in 18 months.