Registration closes one week prior to the first day of class.
- October 13, 2014
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended, including evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 for the last two years of the bachelor’s degree
- Contact information for two references
- Completed Pre-program Survey
- Teacher certification information
- Conviction disclosure
- Completed graduate application
MA TESOL Admissions Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the United States, England, Canada or from an institution where the language of instruction was 100% in English;
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Oral interview
- Writing sample essay
- Native English speakers must provide evidence of the study of a foreign language (one semester at undergraduate level, two semesters in high school or extensive time spent living and working in a non-English speaking country);
- Non-native English speakers with a degree from an institution in a non-English speaking country, a TOEFL score of 100 iBT or its equivalent 6.5 within the last six years
- If significant time has been spent in the United States, England or Canada, the candidate may request to demonstrate proficiency in English through professor observation of listening and speaking, as well as a college-level reading comprehension assessment and writing assessment
MA TESOL K-5, 6-12 Endorsement Admissions Information:
- Copy of MI teacher certification is required
- To complete the ESL Endorsement program, candidates in Michigan will have to pass the MTTC test for ESL (NS) after taking the 24 required credits in the endorsement track.
- If you are certified in a state other than Michigan, you will need to work with that state’s requirements for ESL certification process in your state.