Renew your calling to serve God’s children.
- Credit Hours: 32
- Total Tuition: $15,392
- Estimated Completion: 2 Years
- Start Dates: Feb 2, April 6 and Aug 17
Thank you for considering our Master of Arts in Education (MAE) online graduate program. As a faith-based institution, SAU celebrates the opportunity to strengthen the hearts, spirits and minds of those called to serve God’s children. Whether you’re looking for fresh knowledge to enhance student achievement in your classroom or want to meet recertification requirements for K-12 education in Michigan, this program offers an engaging online experience that will inspire, transform and empower you.
Our hope and prayer is that our graduate education programs help teachers to make a positive impact in the learning and dispositions of K-12 students, and feeds their motivation to care for and inspire them.” – Reuben A. Rubio II, Ph.D., Interim Dean, School of Education
Grow alongside the children you serve.
Under the guidance of SAU’s School of Education subject matter experts, you’ll enjoy an innovative curriculum that integrates educational theory, current research and the opportunity to immediately apply what you’re learning to your classroom. You can also gain a better understanding of how to integrate Christian values into your professional teaching role. More specific skills and knowledge include:
- Understanding the nature of research, both qualitative and quantitative, and enacting action research within your own classroom
- Implementing strategies to address the diversity/equity issues in your classroom
- Becoming more capable of creating a transformative curriculum that addresses diversity/equity using various voices
- Understanding the factors most likely to predict students at risk of dropping out and developing strategies
- Analyzing the dynamics of teacher-student-family interactions
- Understanding various methods of assessment and how to apply them
- Improving the use of technology for teaching and learning
As a student of this degree in education program, you’ll have direct access to dedicated educators who are known for their active involvement in improving the quality of teacher education. And, our caring staff will stand beside you every step of the way. They have all chosen to be at an institution that frees them to bring their faith perspective and experience into their work; to that end, you can expect to experience a rigorous and rewarding graduate experience within the context of integrating faith and learning.
Connect with the MAE program
Our unique Effective Teaching Model
The MAE program and course goals are based upon a conceptual framework of a Model of Teacher Education. This framework, pictured to the right, contains six components of effective teaching centered on the integration of faith and learning and the Spring Arbor Concept. To learn more about the Effective Teaching Model, click here.
To learn more about this one-of-a-kind, Christ-honoring program and how you can graduate in about two years, complete the form on this page or call us at 1-844-621-0900. An admissions advisor will reach out to you, and together, you will uncover your professional goals, discuss options for payment and learn all you need to know about SAU.